Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week #2 of something new

A couple of days ago I made freezer jam. I've made it once before, but it was just plain strawberry, so for the challenge this month to try something new, I made 2 different kinds.


The one on the left is strawberry-mango jam and the one on the right is strawberry-blackberry jam.

The mangoes and blackberries both came from my Bountiful Basket, so they are two fruits I normally wouldn't buy (due to cost) so it was fun to have a few different fruits to mix and play around with. The strawberries I got at the Winco Grand Opening, 4 lbs for $2.98. And I still had plenty left for eating!

I just used the freezer jam instructions in the box of pectin, and used half of the strawberry and then half of the mango/blackberry instructions, then mixed 'em together. (I made two batches.)

It was really fun to make my own jam, I know that most of you normally do that, but I haven't really done it much.

And oh boy, is it yummy!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Mango and strawberry, that would be fun to taste! I love experimenting with jam. I process mine due to lack of freezer space. It's always the challenge to see if it sets up or will be runny. (Although runny jam is always yummy too!)

    ReplyDelete