Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mashed Potatoes

For this week we are falling under the "Something you've never tried before" category, and probably not in the sense if was meant for. But...its been a crazy week. (and I'm trying to be "Ray" food friendly!)

I made mashed potatoes from the crock pot.
It was so easy I think I might always do that.
I filled the crock pot up about 2/3 full of potatoes. Covered them with water and set it to cook for about 3 hours on high. (Or 6 hours on low if you think to do it that far in advance.) I poured off the water and mashed them in the pot with butter and milk. It worked like a charm. I'd never thought to do that before.
Now...everyone knows.
I can put on the potatoes right before Em comes home, go to my PTA meetings, Boy scout den meetings, and give piano lessons, then mash right before serving! I love it.

3 comments:

  1. That's very cool. I've never thought of that either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's brilliant. i am so going to try that. i'm all excited to try all these new recipes that i haven't been being creative on my own yet!

    ReplyDelete