Monday, May 10, 2010

New Recipe

I haven't been adventurous enough to cook a new recipe yet, but I will be this week. Last week we finally tried a recipe from the family cookbook. We made Upside-Down Spaghetti by Leesa, which is in the 2010 edition of the cookbook. My whole family LOVED it. They even ate it for leftovers. My kids hate most leftovers, but they continued to eat this one. I should've tried it long ago. It's a great recipe Leesa.

P.S. Does anyone know how to copy and paste these recipes so I can print them. I printed them from the blog but there is SO much extra junk that is not needed.

ALSO,

This is a new recipe to me, but I started making them before the goal. You will all probably think I'm crazy, but it's really good for you.

Kefir Smoothie
1/2 - 1 c. kefir or plain milk
1/2 c yogurt
bananas
strawberries
blackberries
handful of spinach
ground flax seed
ice (if you are not using frozen bananas and berries)

Blend all together.
This is not a sweet smoothie, but very healthy. And my kiddos love it.

Kefir is a "grain" that I am cultivating on the counter. It basically makes the milk sour tasting, but it's supposedly really good for intestines (and we all know I could use help with that one.) If anyone wants to "grow"some let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can send me another email with the 2010 edition as I was never able to print it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you want to copy and paste, be careful where you start the mouse. if you start it right close to the first letter you should be fine. sometimes it takes me a few tries to get only the words i want, but it is possible.
    i'll have to try the spaghetti recipe, i've been wanting to, just haven't done it yet.
    and you're right, you do sound crazy with your weird sour milk counter growth. maybe you can make some in july for us, cuz i don't think i have the guts to even try it!

    ReplyDelete