Sunday, May 2, 2010

Christenson recipe # 1

yes it looks like I am first!
This is my recipe that I just did tonight AFTER reading the goal.

Waikiki Turkey
3 c. diced turkey breast (I used a bag of chopped turkey pieces that you buy back by the ham and brauts in the store)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped green pepper
3 T. teriyaki sauce
Cook these things together. Add 1/2 c. thin carrot strips and cook 1 minute longer.
Remove from skillet. In same skillet stir 1 c. pineapple juice, 2 T. apple cide vinegar ( I used red wine vinegar) 3T. soy sauce, 1/2 c. brown sugar, 2 T. cornstarch. Cook and stir until thick and clear. Remove from head and add turkey mix, pineapple chunks, and 1/2 c. frozen pea pods (I used unfrozen). Serve over rice.
It was really good.
I also added mushrooms and Ron thought next time I should put in broccoli.

This recipe we tried new last week but Ron wanted it posted for him
Ravioli Soup
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. ground pork
(I used all pork)
Brown meat with 1 c. chopped onion and 2 t. minced garlic.
Combine 1 can tomatoes, 1 can tomato paste, 2 cans beef broth (I used 3), 1 T. sugar, 1 t. Italian seasoning, 1/4 c. dry bread crumbs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add 1 12 ounce package frozen ravioli and let cook until they come to the top about 3-5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 c. shredded fresh Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic bread.

2 comments:

  1. I want to try the Turkey recipe. I think I could make that in my electric fry pan!
    Can we use the same one someone else does for the week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you can make that in the electric skillet

    ReplyDelete