Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ramen Cabbage Toss, AKA Poor Man's Dinner :)

I actually came up with this recipe in college and I found it in my journal a little bit ago. I made it and the kids actually LOVE it. Bizarre.

There really aren't any measurements, I just make what our family can eat, so this is what I used this last week.

1/2 head cabbage, chopped
2 packages ramen (oriental, chicken, or beef)
8 eggs
garlic powder
salt/pepper

Break up ramen noodles and cook according to package. Drain water, mix in seasonings. Set aside.

In large frying pan, cook cabbage in small amount of oil or cooking spray. Fry until tender then push to the edges of pan.

Beat eggs and pour them in the middle of the large frying pan and cook (like scrambled eggs). Once eggs are cooked combine them with cabbage and add ramen noodles. Mix together and season with salt and pepper and garlic salt if desired.

You can cook all three things separately, I just do the cabbage and eggs this way to save using more dishes. I've also added mushrooms before while cooking the cabbage.



I also tried another recipe from the family cookbook last week. It was Leesa's ECLAIR DESSERT. A..M...A...Z...I...N...G... We all loved it as did all the company we had. I highly recommend it. It's very quick, easy, and cheap.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could say this sounded good but I really can't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is mom but I am on Sally's computer. This is like fried rice without the rice and fried cabbage with out curry powder. I think it might be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem odd with the eggs in there. But they do taste good in the fried rice!
    And as for the dessert, I get compliments EVERYTIME I take that anywhere, potlucks, ward parties, etc. Everyone always thinks I'm amazing then. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ronda, I appreciate the honesty. NOT.

    ReplyDelete