Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Hi
Just wanting an opinion from everyone. I tried a new thing today. It is called Bountiful Baskets. It is a veggie/fruit co-op. You get on their site on Monday and order a basket for $15.00 then Saturday morning each site is different but the one in Layton is 7:30am you go down and get your food. It is a co-op so every basket is the same and you don't pick anything it is just what they have to split evenly. So today I got:
Fruits:
1 pineapple
1pk. Strawberries
1pk Blackberries
6 apples (like Fuji maybe)
9 oranges
6 bananas

Veggies:
1 head romaine lettuce
1 head broccoli
2 yellow squash
1 onion
6 roma tomato
9 corn on the cob
6 small yams

do you think it is worth 15. I will probably try a few more weeks and see what I think.
Sally they do it in Springville too.

7 comments:

  1. I think all that fruit alone is normally $15. I think it's a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've wanted to do that!! I'm just to lazy to get up and go get it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi you have to be pretty aggressive on the web site part of it. You have to be right there to order one because they go super fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds awesome. I agree with Jill. I did a little calculating in my head. The pineapples alone are $3 right now in any store. If you like it all and use it (And I can't see why you wouldn't, they are all common things I'd buy anyway) That is a good deal! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to report we had the yams for dinner and the broccoli in Peggy's salad for Easter dinner with the pineapple, strawberries, and blackberries on the side. I am using my produce. I'm going to freeze a couple of the Oreo/Strawberry desserts this week also with all of my strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so what happens if you accidently oversleep on saturday and get there a couple of hours later?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have a 20 minute pick up window they said and then it goes to the fire department as a donation. When we went last Saturday they had sold 180 baskets so 180 people need to check in but it only takes about 8 minutes to check in and get out with your food so if you sleep in no food. Lots of these places are in businesses and they need to be cleaned up and ready for business. We went to the Chevy dealership so everyone would have had to be gone in time for the store opening.

    ReplyDelete