Monday, April 5, 2010

Jones March Goal Results

Sorry about being slackers on posting this goal, especially since it was my own.
Dan and I did the following things:
1. We each read a book. Dan read some book about direct investing. I read Suze Orman's book, The Nine Steps to Financial Freedom. Excellent book about insurance information (Life, Long-Term Care, etc.) and about wills v. trusts. Hopefully all of us with young children have Life Insurance right now!
2. We finally got all of our water barrels filled. We have 3 55 gal. drums and 1 100 gal. drum, and 3 5 gallon containers. I don't really want to see the water bill next month!
3. We replaced the snack food items in our 72 hour backpacks. The Mt. House food packs we have in there are good for another 4-5 years. They are light weight and actually very good to eat.
4. We also put our financial packet back together. Somehow with the move S.S. cards, birth certificates and car titles ended up all over the place in our house.
5. A week before March started I also opened an online savings acct. to stash away any extra money we get. Money like Dan's overtime, tax refunds, basically anything outside our regular paychecks. Hopefully all of you are savings for a 6 mon. living expenses savings acct. With this economy you just never know! Right Ronda??
Thanks for the April Goal Jill. I'm already more aware of my blessings and I've only been writing in the gratitude journal for 4 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment