Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our Feb Goal

Thank you Leesa for that very interesting challege for Mar. Dad is really going to have to help with that one. Now I will report on the goal for Feb. We of couse read the article for Pres, Eyring in the beginning of the month, in the middle of the month and again last night. I think Dad and I are pretty good about doing all Ronda challenged us to do most of the time, but we promised each other we would try to be more aware of each others needs and remember each other more in our prayers. I think the thing we worked on more then anything was praying for all the other members in our family for love to be shown to each other so no empty chair will be left. Dad has always shown a lot of love to me and his children, but we both tried harder this month. I tried really hard to make dad's life a little easier by pushing myself a little more to have something cooking when he came home after a long day at work. He tried to help me with little things like if I would mention that I couldn't get something open I would find it in the fridge the next morning opened ect. Or I find things like oranges peeled and waiting for me when I wake up. He does not complain when he has to do the laudry after work or sweep the floor or vacummn or do the dishes if I do not get them done. He also does not complain when people invite us to things that I cannot do and so he doesn't go either and he never complains on the things he misses out on because of me . In the beginning of the month we seems to be bickering a little more then usually and after the first couple of days we realized because of our new goal Satan was trying to interfer. When we became aware of that we concentrated more on showing the love we both knew the other deserved. I think dad and I are pretty good about showing others the love we have for one another, but when we were challenged to concentrate a little more we were better and more in love then ever. We both like the song quoted in Elder Eyring's talk "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" and hope this month we have showed to each other and people we meet everyday. Thank you Ronda for this wonderful goal to work on. We also took the challenge and gave a generous donation to the haiti fund. We love all of you and are glad we have disided to do these monthy goals. Thanks Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment