Sunday, February 28, 2010

Swenson Family February Goal

Steve and I also read the article this month and discussed the high points that Ronda mentioned. Each day as we said our morning prayers it was wonderful to remember the goal and pray for the love that we need to show for each other. I joked with a few of you at the beginning of the month that this was going to be the hardest goal for me, seeing as how I get really agitated, very frequently with my dear spouse ( I won't mention any names). So, taking the time each day to actually think about showing love, thinking of other's needs first, and pushing aside other's weaknesses, was truly a blessing. Steve and I were able to get along better and step back to think about how the other person was feeling. I asked Steve what he learned the most and he said, "that my life is easier if I'm more worried about somebody else's instead of mine own." Steven even loved me enough this month to let me have a a girls day out while he took care of the kids all day.

We also contributed to the Haiti fund through the church and my kids also bought shoes at school for a program called, "Give a Pair, Show you Care" which gives the shoes to Hatian children so they won't get illnesses through wounds in their feet.

Thank you Ronda for this goal to think of other's first and try to be more Christlike to all those around us. We love you all and are grateful for the opportunity to do these monthly goals with you...........Fabulous idea, whoever came up with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment