Sunday, February 28, 2010

cook february goal

We read the article at the beginning of the month and discussed it together. I can't remember all the things we discussed so I'll just mention a few of the things that I learned this month about this goal.
I realized that as I prayed for the love that allows me to see the good in my spouse, etc., not only did the prayers help but it also kept my mind focused on my responsibility as a wife and mother. If I took the time to think and pray for this love, I was more aware of how I was treating my family throughout the day. Many times I had to take a step back and I thought of President Eyring's talk and my heart was always softened and I became more loving.
I also realized how my weaknesses and faults affect my family and our happiness. And how much I need prayers on my behalf to be the woman I need to be.
Since you pray about the things you think about and you think about the things you pray about, I realized just how important it is to pray for love within our families and to truly 'try to be like Jesus.'
And we did contribute money to Haiti so thanks for the encouragement!
I really feel that we have benefited so much from this goal so thank you Ronda!

No comments:

Post a Comment