Sunday, July 3, 2011

Jones June Results

I cheated on the time thing too, and I took an easy route.
I picked Mrs. Morrison. Yes, I know everyone thought to do her and because of that no one did, so I did.
She was the one teacher that seemed most interested in her students lives, and not just the subject she was teaching them. Out of all the teachers I had, I spent the most time out of school hours with her. There were lots more trips the band/choir took compared to the other school subjects/teachers.
I'm grateful for the interest she took in me and wanting to be a trusted friend as well. I'm sure if I'd had troubles in my youth she would have been the one teacher I would have confided in.
She was always cheerful and positive and that is definitely one of the most important qualities in a teacher.
I remember one time the band went up to Carrington (I think) to play for some district tournament. It was winter and Mrs. Morrison was following the bus. It was not very good weather and we were all watching out the windows and saw Mrs. Morrison ALMOST go in the ditch. Later that day we were talking about it with her and she was expressing how scary that was. A certain boy in my class...said, that would have been so funny and awesome if you'd have had a car accident and gone in the ditch, hahaha. I thought she was going to start crying.
That day I realized two things. 1. Just what a punk M. A. was! and 2. That teachers are just people too who have feelings and emotions just like me. I think I was more sensitive after that for what the teachers go through. I felt more protective for Mrs. Morrison after that too. I loved accompanying all the choir songs and music festivals we had. I know I'm as good as I am today because of her encouragement to do it. I still remember the first song I did for the choir, Bye Bye Love. I did absolutely horrible. Instead of being disappointed she just grinned and handed me two more songs for the next concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment