Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dad and Mom June Results

June Results for Dad and Mom
I actually submited this on the blog Jul 1, but for some reason it would not submit so I am having Ronda do it like last month.
Dad is slow in doing his own goal.
I choose a teacher from my high school days. I sent a letter to Mr. Cordova. We had a very shaky start but became good friends in the end. He was my English teacher my senior year. It was his first year of teaching. He kicked me out of class because -- oh well that's another story. Anyway he got me to love English all the more (English was my favorite subject). He was a good teacher and one that also taught Leesa Spanish in the ITV program when she was in high school.
When Andy died he called to support us and he may have even come to the funeral, I really don't know for sure. He called us at Christmas time for at least 5 years after that to see how we were doing. He came to my mother's funeral last August just for me. Nobody came just for me except him.
He was a good teacher and a good man and he became my friend. I had alot of good teachers through out my school years but none that have kept track of me the way Mr. Cordova did. He went that extra mile as Pres. Spencer Kimbal said to do. Thanks Dad for this wonderful goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment