Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Jones February Results

I felt the same as Ronda. I would think to myself, I did this and this, then I'd realize I always do them anyway, that's not special.
It was hard to come up with something other than food as a something "extra" for Dan. Usually it came down to buying his favorite candy bar or making a yummy dessert. I did make breakfast one morning. (Dan leaves between 6 and 6:15 every morning, so I'm usually not out of bed by the time he leaves.) Dan was great to change all the diapers and get the kids in bed when he was home. And many nights he got me ice cream or a root beer float. (and now we're on to Steve's goal of not doing that anymore!)
Jill was right on to tell us to write down the things we did. Of course WE didn't, so I really can't remember the other things we did. There were many more things we did for each other.....I'm sure.
The last half of the month was interesting. I tried to be nice mom and use happy tones more, but realized my kids don't take me seriously then. My kids are only motivated into action when I act mad and go on a rampage. Nice mommy is nice to have around, but everything around us suffers (like really messy bedrooms!)
What is the trick to being happier and nicer to my kids, but still getting work out of them???

No comments:

Post a Comment