Friday, April 1, 2011

April Goal From Mom

Moses 7:53 And the Lord said: Blessed is he through whose seed Messiah shall come; for he saith - I am Messiah, the King of Zion, the Rock of Heaven, which is broad as eternity; whoso cometh in at the gate and climbeth up by me shall never fail; wherefore, blessed are they of whom I have spoken, for they shall come forth with songs of everlasting joy.

In February while at Jill's we had a family home evening. For the closing song we did not have song books so Steven suggested we sing "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet". I learned that song - all the verses-before I was married but yet I got someof the words wrong as we sang the second verse. Steven staightened it out but it got me thinking that we really should know more words to our songs. So my challenge this month is to learn a NEW song each week as a family. Two from the adult hymnal and two from the chldren's song book so the children can be a part of this too.

Perhaps you can start a new song for FHE each week, sing it each night before family prayer and use it for the opening song for the next weeks FHE. Then at the end of the month I'd like you to list the new songs you have learned. (Maybe a video for Nana and Papa of the songs from the childrens book sung by the grandkids of course).

D&C 84:98 Until all shall know me,who remain, even from the last unto the greatest, and shall be filled with the knowledge of the Lord, an shall see eye to eye, and shall lift up their voice, and with the voice together sing this new song.

2 comments:

  1. that's so funny, i was planning on using the scripture that says the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me and have everyone learn a few new songs when it was my month. since you beat me to it, i guess we'll learn them this month. we've been wanting to work on the primary songs for this years program with sam anyway, so this goal will help us right along. in our ward (is it the same for everyone?) they will be learning praise to the man, which i've been wanting to memorize anyway! thanks mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry I took your goal. The goals are usually something that one needs to work on yourself.

    ReplyDelete