Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Idea for 2011 goals.

I have an idea and you can all shoot me down if you want to. This year the Primary theme is "I Know the Scriptures are True." We have been taught throughout our lives that we should not only read the scriptures, but follow them as well....since they are the words of the prophets. Well, I was thinking that it would be fun and interesting if each of our goals was based on a scripture. For example: The scripture could be 2 Nephi 32:9 "But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of they soul." And the goal could be; "This month as you make daily decisions pray more for the Lords guidance in all that you do. Ask more faithfully what he wants us to do rather than what we think we should do."


Anyways, just let me know what you think. I think we could gain a greater testimony of the scripture if we actively tried to apply them to our lives.

3 comments:

  1. i think that's a great idea. sam got a little chart in primary to mark each day he reads the scriptures and he's very faithful about getting them read to him every night... i think a little more family focus on the scriptures is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm good with this idea, BUT...are all the goals going to be kind of the same? Are we going to get variety? And I like goals that have a way to measure your progess, or a specific action you can say you did. I hope the goals aren't too vague that they get forgotten by the 15th of the month. That's my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm good with and I think you can get plenty of variety. Just how you reads the scriptures. Like Sally's goal last year could have been related to D&C 89 so yeah we are a go!

    ReplyDelete