Monday, October 17, 2011

Swenson September Goal

Well I'm finally getting around to posting my pictures for September goal. I actually was going to do the garage, but was quickly sidetracked by my water leaked Giggle Room. I forgot to take a before picture of what the room looked like, but it was quite messy.


This is the picture of our moldy carpet that needed to be replaced.

Here is what the walls looked like. Do you see why it was called the Giggle Room?

New paint and new carpet. I used the colors Light Grape and Smoky Concord.


I also painted the bottom of the closet dark purple and the trim under the shelf was the light purple.
These are the after pictures. I had a lot of plastic drawers that I had been using and I tried to eliminate some of the clutter so that the room would look clean and neat.
I also had to buy a new wooden closet because the old one was completely moldy on the bottom.
I also bought a sewing table so that I could sew without having to put my machine away every time.
I tried to get a new desk but I couldn't spend even more money than we already had. This desk is nice and big, but could use a little work.




That is all the pictures I have, I still need to find some blinds and curtains but haven't gotten around to do it yet. Hopefully I'll get back to my other cleaning goals and continue to straighten and organize. Thanks Leesa for the goal.
















1 comment:

  1. the room looks great! too bad it was so costly though... will it still be called the giggle room? or is it now the grape room? sorry, that was lame. you could use your sewing machine to make the new curtains...

    ReplyDelete