Monday, October 3, 2011

cook september results

So I didn't finish the goal by the end of September, but it's only the 3rd of October so I feel REALLY successful! This was a goal that my house AND my husband appreciated! So thanks Leesa.

I started two different areas because both Annie's room and the storage room were in pretty bad shape. (I'm still working on Annie's room since I've been waiting for the season change to remove all clothing tubs.)

As for the storage room, I've just been throwing all the extra food storage we've gotten lately in there, since it's been so unorganized and I'm obviously mid-project (like always, hence the table) so it makes for a pretty crowded area.

So here is the storage room:
BEFORE:




I had to do a lot of rearranging... I moved the food storage from under Liv's bed to under my bed, and then put some from down here under Liv's bed (since her under-bed is easier to access than mine.) I didn't go the painting route... there are too many shelves and not worth the pain. But I did buy some crates to store my fabric that has been piling up since the dresser was no longer big enough for all my awesome remnant finds!

And AFTER:




And just because I can... a picture with the closet doors closed!



I have my card/craft table behind the door so I will still be pulling that out to do projects, but until I get started on another one... it sure is nice to have some walking room....

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so nice to have everything neatly stacked? I love it. Keeping it that way everytime you add to it will be the trick!

    ReplyDelete