Saturday, September 5, 2009

Peaches for Dad

Peaches have been falling off the trees like crazy. We have about 5 peach trees in the backyard. They weren't taken care of this year. They weren't pruned or watered enough. So, the peaches are small and not so great. The first tree to start falling is a yellow peach. They were small and didn't taste very good. The next 2 trees to start falling actually taste pretty good, but they are small too. I started picking them up from the ground so as to avoid a big mess in the yard.
Here are some all over the lawn and garden area.


Here is the box I used to collect them. At first I used about 3 plastic sacks. They quickly filled so I got a big box. It's sad to see them go in the trash.


The kids were 'helping' pick them up. They kept taking bites out of them.

This tree is a white peach tree. The peaches were a little bigger, but still not canning quality. I think in a year or two, with some care, we'll have lots of peaches!! Too bad we are so far away!!!!

2 comments:

  1. maybe we'll have to make it an annual trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll come with Sally! But hey I have actual peaches to give Dad this year!!

    ReplyDelete