Monday, August 29, 2011

September Goal

I have the September goal. It's a big one so you definitely need the whole month for this one.
It stems from the scripture in D&C 88:119 which reads,
"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God:"
This is one of our memorized family scriptures, we love it. I think it's because we need the constant reminder.
Anyway, I want to focus on the "house of order" part. I realize I am the messiest in the family, so this should be easier for all the rest of you. hehe
I want you to pick a room in our house that is "out of order" and organize it. It could be a storage room, a garage, your bedroom, whatever. I want a before picture with the clutter and mess, and an after picture with all it's "order". Point out to us some cool strategy or tool you've come up with for organization. I don't want you to just pick up a messy clutter, but to redesign and really organize the room. It could involve new paint, some shelves, or something that will make life easier thereafter. A clean and organized room brings peace and joy to your heart, so pick the room that you feel the least peace in and make it peaceful.
I'm going to pick...my car...just kidding. It really needs to be cleaned out, but I don't want to organize it all, I just want to remove it all.
I'm going to pick the garage. It's quite horrendous. It will end up tying in with the laundry room and the little back side garage as well.
Let us all know what you're going to pick!!!

2 comments:

  1. good goal! i've really been trying to get our house in order and finding a home for every little thing. annie's room and the storage room have been an easy throw-stuff-in-the-room-until-later kind of rooms. i think i'll be working on one or both of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good goal but it may be hard for me and dad to do since we live in an apartment, but we will see what we can do.

    ReplyDelete