Monday, May 2, 2011

Swenson Family April Goals

I really liked mom's goal for this month even though I didn't do as well as hoped. We started out with "Choose the Right." We started it for FHE and then tried to sing it every night after family prayer. We also did 'Did Jesus Really Live Again?' because it was Easter time. The third song we did was "Families Can Be Together Forever." And we never made it to #4. Sorry mom. :(

We tried to practice each of these songs either in the mornings after scripture reading or at night after bedtime prayers. These were also the songs that I sang to the kids when putting them to bed. I tried to pick songs that would help with having peace and harmony in our home. p.s. It didn't really work!

I love memorizing the hymns and primary songs and it's amazing to me how many times I find myself singing them throughout the day. I usually try to sing church songs with the kids in the car instead of turning on the radio. A child in Braden's class told him he was weird the other day because he didn't know any popular songs on the radio. Even though I felt a little bad because he was made fun of I realized how lucky he is. Most songs on the radio are filled with bad or suggestive language, so I was very grateful for this goal to help my children remember good songs to fill their minds. Hopefully we will continue to do this so we can be blessed for having good things in our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment