Monday, February 28, 2011

Steve's March Goal

I would like to take my text for this topic from the Old Testament. We are told to liken the scriptures unto ourselves.

Unfortunately, I can liken Deuteronomy 32:15 unto myself: "but [Steve] waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness..."

The other day as I was tucking Kari into bed she told me that I had four chins. Preston's nickname for me is "Fatty Daddy." It has been reported by an independent 3rd party observer that, in my recent feeble attempts at dieting, I have a tendency to starve myself most of the day and then stuff my face with cheese continually from the moment I get home from work until I go to bed. These are not good signs.

Over the next month, I would like to be able to liken Isaiah 17:4 unto myself: "and in that day it shall come to pass that the glory of [Steve] shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean."

I would like to set a goal for each of us to eat healthier and get some regular exercise for the month of March. I would say that the goal is to lose weight, but I am afraid that Jason would float away like Mary Poppins, so I will let everybody set their own specific goals that are appropriate for their individual circumstances.

Remember, bikini and speedo season is only a few short months away!

1 comment: