Thursday, November 18, 2010

just me a thinkin'

The other day I was thinking about motherhood. And sometimes I feel like I'm going to go crazy! Part of it is because I'm a very social creature and I don't have a car during the day to get very far from the house. Many of my friends that don't work live across the highway so I don't like to walk over there cuz it's just scary. Other days I realize how lucky I am to have 2 beautiful children, a hard working husband, and a nice home to live in with them.

But I was thinking how hard it must have been for mom to live so far from everyone, with a husband that had to work long, hard hours every day, and five kids that fought over everything possible. (Sorry about that mom!)

And then I also realized that mom was my exact age when she had her fifth child!! Not to mention her oldest was 7!

Honestly, I cannot imagine having my fifth child right now! I'm having a hard time with 2 1/2!! I'm literally only halfway there.

So what I am getting at is, Mom, thank you for not killing us! Thank you for surviving your life and learning to deal with the struggles motherhood can create. And Dad, thank you for always working so hard to support our family and showing us the type of man we were worthy of marrying. I'm so thankful that we have such awesome parents! And not to sound boastful, but I think all of us turned out pretty good! (Maybe our husbands might disagree at times... but whatever.)

Anyway, I feel very blessed that I was raised in a God-loving home that taught me the things that I need to know to not only endure, but enjoy the stage of life I am in now. So thank you mom and dad! I love you both so much.

And I really hope dad gets a job in Utah soon cuz I really miss you. :)

2 comments:

  1. I COMPLETELY ditto what Sally just said. And to have MS on top of that. I looked at the Jubilee book from Tuttle's 75th, and Mom has listed about 10 things she was either pres. VP, sec., or treas. of. I can't even handle PTA and church lately. How did you do it all??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful entry Sally!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete