Saturday, October 2, 2010

October Goal

It is finally my turn to pick a goal for the month. After extensive deliberation and introspection, I have decided that this months goal is going to be...................................................(drum roll please).........................to learn a new dance. That's right folks, you read correctly; nerdy, boring Uncle Steve's goal for all of us this month is to learn to dance. I'm sure all of you were expecting something more like "do 300 push ups every day on your fingertips with your spouse on your back" or "compare and contrast the original Greek text of the New Testament with St. Jerome's fourth century Latin translation". While those more "Steve-like" goals would undoubtedly produce a veritable cornucopia of enriching experiences and/or intellectual stimulation, not to mention countless hours of fun, I thought that I would mix it up a little bit. You can learn a formal dance, a break dance move, or you can just copy Napoleon Dynamite. For beginners, I would recommend watching the "how to dance" video clip staring Goofy from 1953-- you can look it up on YouTube. Maybe we can show off our dance moves the next time that we are together.

P.S. If your newly learned dance requires a pole, you can keep those moves to yourself.

5 comments:

  1. Steven you are too funny!! I laughed until I cried! I don't know what kind of dance we will be able to learn because I don't even walk good anymore so it might have something to do with a lap... but we'll keep that to ourselves too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, I am actually relieved! This will be a fun goal to do. How very creative of you!
    I think we should all video ourselves dancing and post those as our results!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron and I are looking forward to learning to a new dance and we will start with the Goofy dance but of course that will be after we look up all the big words you used in describing your goal so we can understand your post!! And yes I was expecting something a little more on the nerdy side since someone took text books on a cruise with him for fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it will be a wonderful idea to share the learned dances on our next get together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You took text books on your cruise, Steve?!!
    The cruise not fun enough for you??
    Poor Jill!!!!

    ReplyDelete