Friday, January 29, 2010

The Other Half of Jones Jan. Goal

So we got names ready for the temple and got their B and C done, but that was only half of the goal. Dan has done a lot on PAF with his mother, however, it seems to be missing. We think it was done on the lap top that suddenly died on us. We haven't retrieved anything from it.
I started a new PAF file on our current computer. Mom's family tree binder that she gave us a while back has been a great source of information. There are some differences within the book on certain people, so it will be interesting to examine them more closely.
It's been fun to add each new generation and see the dates get further and further back in time. I'm planning on re-adding Dan's side soon. We have a genealogy binder for both his mom and dad's sides of the family.
I'm glad for this challenge and the boost to get me to learn PAF. I have also learned the value in the statement "For everything there is a time and a season." My home and children have been neglected this week. Once you start looking through names and added them you just don't want to quit! It is addicting, but for right now in my life with little kids it's not a good addiction. Someday it will be a good one and we can all pick up where Mom leaves off for us! Good job Mom. I commend you for all your time and efforts in searching out pretty much everything done in our family tree. I imagine all the ancestors are watching you and are jumping for joy that you were in their posterity ... or at least married to it!

2 comments:

  1. amen to that. i didn't get dishes done for 3 days cuzz i got sucked in. i think i need a timer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also Amen leesa's statement. I didn't read it until after I wrote mine and I agree! My home/kids were also a bit neglected, but it was definetely a good experience.

    ReplyDelete