Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Goal

So, to be perfectly honest I have been lousy with doing the family goals so far. But since it is my month to post a goal I will try to do better. Since we started this year I have been thinking about what Hymn to focus on. The song,"Have I Done Any Good" p. 223 always seems to stick in my head. So, for the goal, I want you to read through the verses of the song and ponder the message that is in there and then get to work! We all have opportunities to bless the lives of those around us. We all know people who are sad, sick, lonely, etc who live by us, work with us, or go to church with us. And sometimes we can even serve people we don't even know. Another great blessing that comes from 'doing good' is that our lives are richly blessed...so everybody wins! I hope that as we celebrate this Easter month we will turn our hearts to Christ, our true example of how to live and love. Although it is great to serve our families I want you to try and focus on others outside our homes. Of course if you serve at home it still counts, but try to branch out and make the world a better place. Each day try to make at least ONE special effort to help someone. At the end of the month I would like you to report a few of the experiences you have had. Good luck and may great joy come to you this month.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you took my song!!! I guess I will just have to start over!!

    ReplyDelete